Kia Ora Koutou!
I am a self-taught artist from Aotearoa (New Zealand), a country tucked into the “corner” of the globe and often left out of maps. Famous for our laid back attitudes, green lands, sheep and Lorde… among other things.
I've had a passion for Art for as long as I can remember but never went to art school, preferring instead, to teach myself and learn through intuition and experimentation. I can get quite rebellious with being told what to do if I happen to disagree (ENFP-a here), so I’m not sure I would have lasted long in a school setting anyway.
My work is heavily inspired by my Māori heritage, wairuatanga (spirituality), the esoteric and Papatūānuku (Mother Nature). I’m constantly drawn towards thoughts and concepts that lay outside of our own dimension, the reality that humans exist within and the limits of standard human consciousness.
I believe in kindness, freedom, equality and truth.
Im in Ravenclaw.
Christine Rena xx
Where are you from?
- I'm half Māori and half British, raised in Auckland NZ. I absolutely love having the blood of my warrior tribe flow through my veins.
What do you do for fun?
- Muay thai
- Play piano
- Translate things into ancient runes
- Write papers on esoteric knowledge and history
- Anything to do with Star Wars or Harry Potter
What are your favourite animals?
3rd equal. Cats and Bees
Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- I have always been and probably will always be a proud Night Owl.
How would people describe you?
What were your favourite school subjects?
- Classical Studies
If you could visit any place in this world, where would you go and why?
- Peru, to an Ayhuasca retreat
What is your astrological sign?
- Sun: Cancer
- Moon: Scorpio
- Rising: Aquarius
What do you believe in?
- I believe that we are all souls living this current incarnation to learn and experience and that we will continue to reincarnate in various forms all over the Universe until we return to the Universe/Source of which we are ultimately, manifestations.